January 14, 2014
8 months old
recording all the firsts
- Finn celebrated his 1st Christmas! He opened his first present ever. Of course the wrapping paper interested him more than what was inside. He sat on the lap of Santa Claus and played baby Jesus in a Nativity with his cousins.
- After our trip to Utah and Idaho for the Holidays Finn has now met all of his immediate family--Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. He even met his Great Grandparents, Keith and Betty Larsen.
- Finn took off crawling! Once he saw his cousin Victoria crawling around he stopped contemplating it and put one hand in front of the other. Now he is getting into EVERYTHING!
- Finn saw snow and went sledding for the first time. He didn't mind the cold one bit and he also didn't mind sledding down the hill on his back! Yes, his back. He has a pretty legit North Face snow suit that is quite slick, warm and protective.
- On January 14th mommy caught Finn standing up against the foot rest in the living room. Wait. What? She was in shock. He has figured out how to pull himself up to standing. That just means we need to keep an even closer eye on this little munch!
- Finn ate his first popsicle--an apple and pear juice watered down popsicle. He loved it until he got a brain freeze and possibly hand freeze.
some of Finn's
- Doggies! He's obsessed.
- His favorite toys right now are big boy toys--anything with wheels! He is also really loving his empty 2 liter ginger ale bottle, and the inner cardboard from a roll of wrapping paper.
- Straws. Anytime we go to a restaurant a straw will keep him occupied.
- Baby Einstein movies--he smiles big and laughs when the puppets are on.
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see? It is the only book of his that he'll sit for long enough to read through until the end. All other books, he either wants to eat or run away.
- When we whip out the camera Finn will STOP, LOOK, and SMILE. He knows just how to pose for a picture, and he isn't too busy to run away. We are enjoying this while it lasts!
some of Finn's
Not so Favorite Things
- When we wipe his face.
of the Finn
- Finn met the Hyde dog, Jlo, the bulldog, and the Wright dog, Penny, the Wiener dog. Anytime the dogs were around he would laugh so hard he could barely breathe. He would put his hands in their faces and mouths (thank goodness they didn't mind) and couldn't get enough of them. It made Ben and I seriously contemplate getting him a dog of his own. While watching and laughing at Penny jumping around and doing tricks he heard Penny bark for the first time. Finn jumped, like he does when there are loud noises and an immediate frown came across his face--but lasted for just a split second before he erupted in laughter. We all thought he would begin crying but instead he laughed and it made us all laugh too. Thankfully, we caught this unforgettable moment on camera (too bad it is too hard to post videos on blogger!). After discussing the idea of buying a dog for Finn, Ben and I decided that now is not a good time. So, we will take Finn to visit dogs and hope he gets his fill that way.
Hello back seat driver. Thanks for the smiles!
Socializing during sacrament. Better start teaching him reverence now. And while i'm at it, i'll teach myself (no more taking photos in sacrament!).
After we arrived home from our holidays out west the Lindsay family surprised Finn with BIG BOY toys--which consists of anything with wheels. He discovered his love for them while visiting his big boy cousins.
Texas grass isn't the most plush but we plopped Finn down in it for the first time and he didn't know what to do with himself... until he discovered the leaves.
Wait. What? When did this little munch start standing!? Now this is all he ever wants to do.
Finn is the real deal. He now has a passport and is ready to be the cutest travel buddy ever!
A great shopping partner.
Welcome home daddy!