March 14, 2014
recording all the firsts
- Finn is finally gobbling up solid food and taking an interest in what we are eating. For months we've been trying to force feed him when he likely wasn't ready. Now, he is more ready than ever and at this time he is loving chopped up strawberries with banana, apple sauce, mango, avocado and mini whole grain waffles... we are still working on getting him to eat his veggies!
- Finn takes mini steps, mostly when he is trying to get from the foot rest to the couch. Although, he doesn't seem interested in walking since he can get anywhere fast by crawling. And when I say fast, I mean FAST. He's our little turbo, we can barely keep up.
some of Finn's
- Roaming free in the grass, through the shrubs, and playing with the watering hose.
- Finn will eat just about anything he gets his hands on so we have to keep a good eye on him. His latest discovery was a bug which he happily ate.
- As busy as he can be Finn will sit still for long periods of time to read books. His favorite at the moment is "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!" because of the sound affects and hand motions mommy makes while reading it. He also loves his book of 100 animals and learning what sounds they make.
- Smiling at strangers. He has been doing this since day one. He makes everyone we walk past in the grocery store, library, church etc. happy. We could all learn a thing or two from babies.
- Story time at the library and all the friends he has made there.
- Crawling in, on and through just about everything.
some of Finn's
Not so Favorite Things
- Sleeping through the night... in fact, he hasn't even had a chance to experience it yet. He'd like it if he tried. Mom and Dad would like it too!
of the FinnEveryday, multiple times a day Finn would climb underneath the kitchen table and through the chair legs. And every time he would fuss while crawling through because of the difficulty of the task AND YET he continued to do it over and over again. (Baffles his parents) However, in time there has been less fussing and we've realized that the kitchen table and chairs is his very own little jungle gym/obstacle course. Whatever keeps him busy and out of trouble works for us!
Riding the swing the wrong way so he can watch the kids play in the park.
Getting himself into quite the predicaments.
Just relaxing, watching Baby Einstein in the fortress (more like cage) daddy built for Finn.
We took a ride on the miniature Eagle train at Brackenridge Park and picnicked in the park afterwards...