July 14, 2014
recording all the firsts
- Since turning ONE Finn has begun jibber jabbering a lot more but the main words we can understand are "mama" and "dada." On June 25th I am pretty sure I heard him say his very first word: "bye!" As I carried him out of the gym I said "wave bye bye" and he waved his hand like he normally does in little circles and said "bye" as clear and loud as he could. I asked him to say it again but he didn't and hasn't since.
- Before he even turned ONE we would hold our hand up and say "high five" and he would slap our hand but now he does it every time he's prompted and he does it with much more oomph! It seriously is the cutest thing.
- He feeds himself pretty well but still hasn't mastered the fork. However, he still loves to hold the fork in one hand while using his other hand to eat.
- Finn can stack blocks, put caps back on bottles, and with a little help use the shape sorter. He's got excellent coordination and fine motor skills.
- He claps his hands on cue. Just start clapping and he likely will clap along.
some of Finn's
- Sneaking into daddy's office. He knows he shouldn't be in there which is probably why he wants to be in there so bad. He immediately goes over to glass jar of baseballs and tries to take them out or he heads over to the printer to turn it on and off. When we catch him he knows he's in trouble and runs away from us. He's too cute, how can we ever be mad at this little munch?
- He'll find a toy or household object and like it so much that he holds on to it in one hand for hours while playing with other toys.
- Trying to carry too many balls, toys or snack in his tiny little hands.
- Destroying block towers that daddy and I make. He'll see us making one from across the room and come over to us just to break it apart.
- After making a complete mess of his tray, dumping the contents of his plate on his tray and spreading it around, Finn likes to help clean it up with a cloth when he is done.
- Eating anything he gets his hands on. Still, we need to keep a close eye on him because he'll put rocks, leaves or other dangerous objects in his mouth.
- Hanging on his mommy's leg or pushing her away from the counter so that she'll pick him up and cuddle him.
- He'll give us a big cheesy smile, even lift up his chin and squint his eyes and we can't help but smile back. It works vice versa too, if we smile at him he'll smile at us back. He is often so happy and brightens up our lives.
some of Finn's
Not so Favorite Things
- When we remove objects he puts in his mouth that shouldn't be there or take away something he shouldn't be playing with, or remove him from a room he shouldn't be in. Lately we will say "NO" in a very loud tone or even smack his little hand. This upsets him very much but he is learning to stay away from the fireplace, to stop removing and eating the flowers from the table etc.
Finn was the Spurs biggest fan! Go Spurs Go!
Thank goodness Spurs won the finals or we would have had one unhappy baby (and daddy).