October 02, 2011

Another Year Older

Here's to another year of...
happy
"i love you's"
work
daily foot rubs
yoga & running
blog posts
church callings
crafts
vacations
etc.!

Every year gets better and better.

Benjamin, outdid himself again.
On my birthday he took my car while I was at work and cleaned and waxed it.  He also gave me permission to decorate my bathroom (stay tuned for pictures).  I thought this was such a sweet birthday gift but of course, there was more...
As I walked in the front door of our home a beautiful painting hung on the wall above our bench. A space that had been bare and boring was now filled with a stunning piece of art. Back in June of this year we enjoyed the Arts Festival in dowtown Fort Worth and we were both blown away by this painting of a white flower standing out against a black background, very vibrant, intriguing and bold.  I didn't think we could or ever would be able to own it.
Little did I know, Ben contacted the artist, Michael Kuseske, in Florida, and over the course of the next few months made payments for a piece of art of our own, painted specially for me and to fit the wall in our living room. How romantic of him to work so hard and sacrifice so much to do something so special and meaningful to me.
I love him.







That night, I chose to stay home and watch my favorite show, Project Runway.  Our friends, the Ellsworths are regulars at our house on Project Runway nights but this time they brought yummy cake. Our neighbor Dawn came over too.  I was excited when a thunderstorm broke out, until the power went out right before the finale of the show! Of course! It was fun sitting around and chatting in the candelight though. A definite birthday to remember!



To top it all off, my work threw me a party, took me out to lunch and gave me gifts and flowers.  



I received many cards and gifts in the mail and sweet notes from friends on facebook.  I'm so thankful for good friends, family, and a husband who cares and celebrates each new year with me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love love love the painting!!
ben is so sly!
so happy it was a good one!

);