December 23, 2012

It's the Holiday Season...

so whoopdy doo and dickory dock

Seasons Greetings!

This year is unlike any of our past Christmases; instead of traveling the world or spending it with family in CT or UT, we are celebrating Christmas, just the two of us, in our cozy home in San Antonio, Texas.

The scrooge (Ben) decided we weren't going to put up a Christmas tree this year, that we will wait until after Christmas to buy one on sale.  The same goes for putting up Christmas lights outside of the house.
Bah humbug!

A Christmas tree made of Christmas cards will have to suffice.


But somehow Ben discovered the Christmas spirit and decided he wanted to throw the very
1st Annual Snarr Christmas party.

His art skills came in handy to create the perfect invitation...

inside:



We played the "name game", Christmas themed Family Feud and of course had a White Elephant gift exchange which was hilarious...
Lisa and her Justin Beiber singing toothbrush. 
(Ben gave this gift and would have stole it if he could)

Eryn & Oscar in their lovely, or should I say ugly, Christmas sweaters



Oscar received super cute penguin slippers


Dave ended up with the most sought after gift... a Superman Snuggie!

Ben won a stained and bottomless chopper, which we'll likely re-gift in next years exchange, just for laughs. I chose the ties and bow-tie because I knew Ben was eyeing them and no one would ever take his chopper.



Jackie & Christian with humongous stuffed animals!

And the winners of the Ugliest Christmas Sweater are... 
The Shaws, with their homemade turtlenecks.  
Their prize: a popcorn tin!

The party was a success and we look forward to throwing the 2nd Annual Snarr Christmas party next year (this time with a Christmas tree and Christmas lights adorning the house, of course!) 

Ben and I decided we wouldn't give each other gifts this year and instead threw a party, gave to those in  need and will be going on a trip to Cancun in January for our four year anniversary/Christmas/Ben's birthday. The countdown is on... we can't wait to relax on the beach and lose track of time. 

But I can't help myself and had to do something for Ben so I gave him the 12 days of Christmas.  Each day he has received something sweet, costing little or no money, like massages, a list of reasons why I love him, his favorite candy, movie etc.

I made sure that the fourth day of Christmas fell on our four year anniversary and gave Ben a video of pictures to music recollecting the past four years.

Ben made sure I received the prettiest long stem roses. 
I love that he hasn't stopped giving me flowers; from our very first date to our four year anniversary I've received flowers on so many occasions. What looks prettier than fresh flowers on my table?

Can you believe it has been FOUR whole years!?
It is true what they say, I love him more today than I loved him on our wedding day, didn't know it was possible at the time but it is.
It is.

with Love, 
Ben, Brit and baby (coming May/June 2013!)

2 comments:

Mom Moose said...

Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, AND Congratulations!!! So happy for you!! What exciting news! Sure love & miss ya's!!!! Wendy M

Unknown said...

Congrats on the baby! Ben & I are so excited for the two of you! Merry Christmas! :)

);