March 01, 2016

Feeling the Love

Valentines Day 2016


Holidays are my jam.
I love having a reason to celebrate, decorate, gift give and spend time with family and friends.

We began a new tradition this year. The night before Valentines day we blew up lots of red, pink and white balloons to fill the living room floor. When Finn woke in the morning, he exclaimed "balloons!" and ran through them, throwing them in the air with excitement. Hidden underneath the balloons were some bubbles, heart shaped straw glasses and Finn and Fox's valentines: nerf guns with a note saying "you stole my heart."




For friends we gave out donuts with a note: "Donut you know how much I love you." No picture, but I promise it was cute. 

Ben took me out on a  date to Dough Pizzeria Napolitana.  This restaurant was featured on the Food Network and for good reason. Their pizza is DIVINE. My favorite food is pizza, so Ben knew the way to my heart. He also completely surprised me with an Apple watch. I had been clueing to him that I would like one but never expected him to actually get me one. It was a sweet surprise, especially since he had bought and done so much for me the week leading up to V-day, I hadn't expected anything more. His note to me wrote, "Happy Valentines Day. I'm glad I get to spend all my Feb 14's with you."

For Ben, I created a coffee table book of all of our handstands we had done together, since our wedding day until today. It is version one since we hope to have many more handstand photos to come.   The note said, "I have been and always will be head over heels for you."




No comments:

);