January 23, 2018

Baby Boy Butler

I threw a baby shower for my sweet friend, Elina, who is expecting a baby boy. We met just months ago when she moved to San Antonio and I knew we'd be friends from the start. I was so excited to hear that she was pregnant with her first child, a baby boy and wanted to throw her a shower to celebrate.  The theme was simple and elegant, with succulents, and touches of whimsy throughout. We had a delicious brunch, mingled and played a game of baby themed charades.
 



From the shower invitations to the welcome sign to the soap labels I kept with the eucalyptus theme. 



I broke out my soap making kit again (after making soap for Jenna's shower almost 4 years ago!). Lemon poppy seed and blue lavender soaps were the gifts for the guests.

Guests signed this book for baby boy Butler.









I created a cute "happy pushing" banner for the naked cake. The naked cake was the easiest, most fool proof cake I've made. It's not supposed to look perfect and so I am pretty sure can succeed at imperfection.

Our friend, Lauren, is the cookie contessa... seriously. She made the most adorable sugar cookies for our brunch.








No comments:

);