July 14, 2009

Stars and Stripes

Our Fourth of July weekend:

Friday night: A classic American meal...I even made toothpick flags to be festive.





Satur
day morning: I sent Ben off with dozens of cupcakes I baked to share with his co-workers.
















Saturday Afternoon:
Jamie, Kristin, and I ran the "New Berlin National Dash" 5k race. We rocked that race! Afterward we stayed to watch the PARADE:



(I want that mini!)


Saturday Night: A group of us went tubing and wake boarding on our friend Clint's boat. Ben was a pro and didn't fall off the tube once! When it got dark we watched fireworks from the boat on the water...it was the prettiest sight. Afterward we got burgers and frozen custard at Kopps. What a day...the perfect way to celebrate.


3 comments:

Dawny said...

Brit you are so creative with your cute little meal ideas! :-) It looks like you guys had a fun and festive 4th. We missed you here!

Mom Moose said...

Too much fun!! Looks like your July's off to a great start!

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Looks like you guys are doing well!! We need to you to come visit us and help us decorate our new home : ) My mom saw your place when she was in Rexburg and said it was adorable! We move in a few weeks, any chance you guys need a little vacation to San Diego?!?!

Give Ben a big hug from me and tell him to call his favorite cousin already : )

Love, shar

);