November 30, 2009

Gracias. Merci. Danke. Thanks.


Thanksgiving this year was spent at Ben's parents home. Ben made the shrimp cocktail (that is a new tradition for me), and I made the fruit salad. Syd and Lee had a friend smoke the turkey so it was extra tasty. Thankgiving was everything it is supposed to be...filled with lots of good food and great company. Syds brother Derek, his wife Katie, and their two children Palmer and Meredith joined us, Ali drove down from school in Idaho, Spencer and Dawn flew in from their home in Oregon, and my sister Heather came from Provo...all to spend Thanksgiving at the Snarr home.

After stuffing ourselves with smoked, savory turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, carrots cooked in mustard and brown sugar, pie topped with whip cream, etc. (ok now i'm hungry for leftovers...) we played games. One clever game that Syd came up with and prepared was a memory game with pictures of all of us on the cards. And to top it all off we then put together hygeine kits for battered women and children.

Thanks to Thanksgiving this year:
I had a great time with family.
I laughed a lot.
I tried something new (shrimp cocktail).
I served others.

What more could I ask for? There is SO much to be THANKFUL for!


Black Friday: We saw the movie, Blindside. MUST see! It is a feel good movie, that will make you laugh and cry and is based on a true story.



BYU vs. UofU game: We watched it with friends Ladd & Katie!

1 comment:

Dawny said...

I agree...so many things to be thankful for. :-) I'm so glad we were able to come to Utah! It was so much fun to spend time with you guys and everyone else. Can't wait to see you this Friday!!!

);