November 03, 2009

Cruisin' the Mexican Riviera!



For my birthday Ben took me on a 7 day cruise through the Mexican Riviera! We sailed on the Norwegian Star and had three stops: Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerta Vallarta. It was a dream vacation full of sun, food, adventure, and relaxation. I couldn't have asked for a sweeter gift, or a more wonderful time with my hubby!

Highlights of the trip:

Sun bathing...and Bens 50 cent swim shorts from Salvation Army size 10-12 little boys. What a dweeb I am in love with. Haha.



Dressing up nice and fancy for dinner just about every night. Finally a reason to dress up! We girls love playing dress up and I am such a girly girl.



As many people know, the dining experience on a cruise ship is defintely one of the highlights. World class chefs, joined with excellent waiters and beautiful surroundings created unforgettable memories. The dining experience also enabled us to dine with other passengers on the ship; which we loved. We made some good friends from many different places. One of the evenings we decided to dine alone for what we thought would be a little more private and personal...but the experience quickly turned uncomfortable as we were seated right next to a couple who was obviously having an argument:) For your enjoyment we would like you to re-live our awkward experience. Here's the situation:
*Couple in their 70's.
*Table RIGHT-NEXT to ours.
*Empty bottle of wine on their table.
*They are getting ready to order dessert.

Woman: "You're gonna order MORE dessert?!?"
Man: "You have a problem with me doing that?!?"
Woman: "I have ALOT of problems with you!"
Man: (whispering) "You're embarassing us."
Woman: (NOT whispering) "You want me to REALLY embarass you?!"
Man: "You want me to give you a BLACK EYE?!?"

-The woman then got up and walked out. The man followed behind her at a safe 20ft distance.

It was WAY awkward in the moment; but, now we just laugh about it! :) Sometimes, when we get upset with eachother we say, "You want me to give you a BLACK EYE?!?" and we laugh.

Here I am eating lobster for my first time and I loved it.


Being pampered and waited on with room service and cool towel creations like this elephant.


The Chocoholics buffet. It was a dream, absolutely everything was chocolate from chocolate dipped fruit, to chocolate sushi, to these beautiful carvings.


Our first stop in Cabo San Lucas. We rode the glass bottom boat to this beautiful place, Lovers beach.



We ate lots of real Mexican food.


Our second stop in Mazatlan where we toured around in this little taxi. Ben is the best travel buddy considering he is fluent Spanish and could make friends and bargain for us. I learned a few phrases but mostly used "no gracias," as many natives tried relentlessly to sell us anything from a hammock to chewing gum.


We went for a jet ski ride. It was wild...Ben was holding on for dear life as I drove. Haha.


Our third stop was in Cabo San Lucas where we went zip lining through the jungle! We are hardcore with our face paint.




We swung from this rope swing into the water. If Ben were a Disney character he'd be Mogley on the Jungle Book. :) He got a little crazy jumping with me on his back, and head first.



We didn't forget to do our handstands. This time with the beautiful Mexican sun setting and the waves glistening as our perfect backdrop to our perfect vacation.


Thanks baby hunny for the birthday gift, for your thoughtfulness, for being so romantic, for making me laugh every day multiple times, and so much more. I love you!

2 comments:

Mom Moose said...

What a dream trip!! Way to go! Sure luv ya's!!! Good to see ya hangin' around here, too :)

Dawny said...

Looks like your first cruise was a BLAST! Happy Birthday to you! :-) lol

);