October 06, 2009

Birthday Week

My birthday lasted all week! Ben took the week off work and came home for a visit!

Summary of the AWESOME week:

Picked grapes from the yard and froze them...

Did lots of yard work, including taking down a tree...

Ben dominated that tree like King Kong.



I was a bit worried this might make it onto stupidvideos.com or the Darwin Awards but as you can see it all turned out just fine. phew. Ben did such a great job, and I was an excellent supervisor. :)



I opened my birthday presents at Midnight because I was too anxious to wait 'til morning...
Ben spoiled me rotten with gifts:

1. Set of Oceans Dvds

2. GPS for my car

3. 7 day CRUISE to the Mexican Riviera!


This was a complete surprise and I'm giddy with excitement to go on my first cruise ever with my favorite travel buddy, Ben. The countdown is on! We leave on Oct. 24th.

Ben woke up earlier than me on my birthday morning and surprised me with a cake he made himself. I'm so impressed at his baking and cake decorating skills. What a hunk.

We gained five pounds this week...
Ate at Five Guys for lunch.
We had fondue at the Melting Pot for birthday dinner.



Ben took to me to a secluded but popular place, Ruths Diner. It was so quaint and the food: DELICIOUS! How good does that caprese look!?


We also ate at the fancy Market Street Grill, had lunch at Whole Foods, and don't worry I did cook once. I made one of Bens favorites: Pot roast. But other than that, ya we ate out. :)
Ben did Bikram Yoga with me... He mouthed "We are in a fight," as we lay sweating in the 110 degree room after class. I guess it was a bit harder than he thought. He is tough though and a few minutes later said, "lets go again tomorrow."

We celebrated our niece Kensingtons 1st Birthday! What a cutie! We gave her the Hello Kitty dressed as a pink leopard in the picture.

xoxo
We also attended my mission reunions, saw "The Invention of Lying" in the movie theater (I wouldn't recommend it), watched all of The Office season 5 in order to catch up for season 6, watched LDS General Conference, and I got a pedicure with the girls in the Snarr fam.
Best Birthday week ever.

6 comments:

Dawny said...

Happy Birthday Brit...wish I could have been there for the Kensington bash too, how fun. Love ya!

Kirsty Michaelis said...

Happy Birthday Brit!!! You certainly snagged a good guy :). Good job Ben!

Mom Moose said...

WOW!!! Way to go Ben! & Happy, Happy Birthday Brit!!! Hope your fun continues on & on & on! Just had my 50th on Mon...the time FLIES, so enjoy every moment!

Rachel said...

Brit, what are ya'll up to these days? Where are you? Are the Evan's living in your ID place?

Sharlie Kaltenbach said...

Happy Birthday Britt! It looks like you had quite a week! My favorite part of this post is Ben mouthing we are in a fight after yoga, too funny. Ryan's been with me once but I am determined to get him to go with me again. You are such a doll, give Ben a big hug and kiss for me! Love you guys...come visit anytime (please, please!) Love, shar

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday!! What a good husband you have!!

);