June 18, 2010

"Don't squat with yer spurs on..."

Life is always so full of surprises...especially, it seems, for Ben and I. Our circumstances have made it hard to plan too far ahead, so we've had to live in the moment and I must say we have enjoyed it thoroughly! For the past year and a half we have moved around and seen so many parts of this beautiful country. We have made wonderful friends, seen so many sites, and made amazing memories.
Life has once again surprised us and we are finally settling down and ready to call Fort Worth, Texas "home." TEXAS? Of all the places in the whole wide world I would have never ever guessed I'd call Texas "home." Seriously!?

I must admit I did not always have the greatest impression of Texas. I had never been here, so I didn't have much evidence to back me up and yet I still felt it was a hick place to live, with too much pride, and not my kind of style. Since moving here and living in 3 of the biggest cities in Texas I can honestly say it is not like I imagined. I have come to love Texas, the people are friendly, not everyone is a cowboy, there is more style than just wranglers and cabins, the weather is hot (I love the heat), and there are trees and hills.

Since I have moved so much i've learned that as long as I have Ben, the church, and friends I can call any place home. The best part about settling in Fort Worth, Texas is that we already have friends here...John Stacey and his family, and we already have family here...my sister Laurel and her family. We feel the decision to make this place our home was directed by God and that there are only wonderful things to come. It was a leap of faith to take on this new venture but "Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained" is true.


We've discovered a love for sailing.
Our friends, the Stacy family took us on their sail boat for the 2nd time.




Moving to the Dallas area means we get to see these cool 'lil kiddos much more often!


We stopped in Austin, Texas and snuck out on the empty baseball field. Cartwheels and handstands through the field...exhilerating!

2 comments:

Dawny said...

So what brought you to Dallas? I had no idea that's where you were headed! What a fun little adventure....Texas is great! I have a few friends who live in Fort Worth...I wonder which ward they're in? Well, that is exciting to live closer to family...how nice!

Morgan said...

Ben's Mom told us this news and we are so excited for you guys!

);