February 14, 2012

Love note


Excuse me for a moment; i'm going to interrupt the "Holidays in Central America" blog series. Which by the way, is taking me longer than ever to record, but it is finally almost done, thank heavens! 

I normally try not to put too much of the gushy, romantic, love stuff on the blog but there are DEFINITELY exceptions on certain days.  And today is just one of those days...

Dear Ben,

Remember this picture? I sent it to you via text message after I received the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers from you after our first date, which technically wasn't a date. But somehow you tricked me and it OBVIOUSLY worked. (Hello, i'm your wife now.) It was the flowers after the fact that really sealed the deal.  Your little cousin, Sophie asked me what my favorite flower was, I answered, "all of them!" The next day flowers, of every kind, showed up at my door... I know you deny it but you had to have put her up to that! 

This picture represents the start of something remarkably wonderful.  Us. Three years and eight months later, here we are celebrating Valentines Day as a happily wed couple.  Thinking back, it seems like so long ago and yet somehow it seems like just yesterday. It must be because you still make me giddy, you still make me laugh, you still get the door for me, you're still full of surprises, you still treat me so special...  I couldn't ask for more, I couldn't be more blessed, I couldn't imagine life any other way. Nobody has it better than us. ;) Thank you and I love you.

Love,
Brit

No comments:

);