June 25, 2014

here a moo, there a moo






We visited a farm out in the good ol' countryside of Texas to celebrate the birthday party of Finn's friend, Cole. At first Finn was shocked by the loud "mooing" but he became intrigued and not a bit afraid. He fed the cows, talked to the cows, stared at the cows, couldn't get enough of the cows. 

As I tried to capture the best photos of my little guy with the cows (as a good mama does) I knelt down on the ground and soon found out that I knelt on a fire ant hill!  Who knew what pain those little pests can cause?!  I cried inside for about ten minutes and may have thought I was dying.  It swelled up and stung like heck.  I definitely learned my lesson. 
Texas problems. 

There's a saying here in Texas "don't squat with yer spurs on."  I will now coin my own phrase, "don't squat on an ant hill."











No comments:

);