June 25, 2014

Hey little munch, mind your manners!




Finn. Guilty of multiple infractions:

-spreading his lunch across the tray and onto the floor-
-smooshing carrots in his hands and on his tray-
-spitting out his green beans-
-putting his foot up on the tray-
-sticking out his tongue-
-laughing about it-


Food Finn is loving:

blueberries
watermelon
cheddar bunnies
raisins
banana
smoothies
steamed carrots and peas
flax seed waffles with cashew butter
guacamole
sweet potato fries
beans
couscous
popsicles

Food Finn turns his nose up to:

macaroni and cheese
oatmeal
green beans
sour blueberries


Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily is quite the undertaking for me. I have never called myself a "cook" or claimed to be a good one. One meal I could (barely) handle but now that I have a little runt who needs three meals a day- i'm exhausted. Not only do I have to think up healthy and yummy meals for him, I have to prepare and clean up after he eats it (or doesn't eat it and just makes a mess of it).  Emphasis on the "healthy" meals needs to be noted--it's so easy to feed ourselves processed, microwaved, nutrition-less food so things get much more complicated and time consuming when going for the wholesome, fresh, steamed route.  I think i'm doing ok and I hope i'm getting better at it. It is my goal to embrace this (since i'll be doing it for the rest of my life unless i'm living in my dreams and hire a cook).  I love food so why not learn to cook it and love doing it? I'll give myself this pep talk daily because I totally need it.  

No comments:

);