September 01, 2015

We named him Fox


One week old photo shoot with Nancy Berger Photography.








   





Finn has tears in his eyes because he didn't want to pose for the picture or kiss his brother. He isn't mean to Fox but he is just too busy for him. After the photo shoot he ran off to the playroom, of course. 


  


We named him Fox…
Ben chose the name about a year before we had him. I loved it at first but, like I do with all names, I thought about it too much and almost talked myself out of it. 
A week before Fox was born I was loading Finn in the car when I looked across the street to see what I thought at first was a cat but turned out to be a fox. The fox stopped in his tracks, looked right at me, tail sticking straight out in the air, and then scurried off. I was shocked that I saw a fox since I haven't seen one in years and never have I been that close to one. I thought, maybe this is a sign our baby boy is on his way and that his name should be Fox.

Then, when he was born with bright red hair I laughed… ok ok, he's our little fox. :) 

Two days after he was born, Ben called to me from the kitchen. He saw a fox in our backyard. I looked out our bedroom window and saw the fox jump onto our fence, stop and look back at Ben who was at our back door. Ok, two fox sitings in a matter of a week. I definitely believe it wasn't coincidence. I think God was letting us know we gave him the right name. 

We chose Hampton as Fox's middle name because it is his Great Great Grandfathers name and I also grew up going to Hampton beach.
 

some interesting things about the fox and its symbolism… 

"It is noteworthy to observe the fox while it is on the hunt.  We seed its entire body is pointed like an arrow- straight and tightly aimed.  This is a symbolic message for us to set a determined and powerfully focused mindset in order to 'hit the target' of our desires."

"foxes are adaptable opportunists: they hunt rabbits, catch fish, scavenge picnic scraps"

"Celts believed the fox to be a guide, and was honored for its wisdom. The Celts understood the fox knows the woods intimately, and they would rely upon the fox as their guide in the spirit world."

"In Japan, the fox was considered one of the rain spirits, and a messenger of Inari the rice god. Here the fox also symbolizes longevity and protection from evil."

No comments:

);