December 18, 2016

It's a GIRL!

Ben and I couldn't be more excited to add another little one to our family.
Due date: May 10, 2017.

We went in for an ultrasound at 15 weeks and after some jumping jacks and handstands we were able to see that it's a... GIRL!!!!!  My intuition was right, I felt our next baby would be a girl, and this pregnancy has been quite different; I've been much sicker than in my past pregnancies.  However, I am 19 weeks now and feeling great, the nausea has subsided and my energy has boosted (thus, I am getting things done, like this blog post).  I am looking forward to everything pink and pretty. I've begun girl clothes shopping (who am I kidding, I began that long ago!) and I'm having fun planning a girly nursery.

Ben is excited for a little girl; I am sure that she will be his little princess and will be spoiled by him. I look forward to seeing how he interacts with her compared to how rough and tumble he is with his boys.  Finn and Fox love babies. It will be fun to see them love on her. Whenever Finn sees a baby he says "aww, super cute!" and he touches their cheek softly and wants to hold or play with them. Fox is intrigued by babies but he tends to be a bit rough with them. Fox is in for a rude awakening when his mommy is busy with a baby and can't give him ALL the attention he wants. He is definitely a mamma's boy and follows me around the house all day.  Finn likes to say his tummy hurts and that there is a baby inside. He definitely hears and remembers what I have to say.  Three children 4 and under will be interesting, fun and tough but we are looking forward to it!


 
 
During our family photo session we took pictures with pink felt ball garland to announce we are pregnant and having a girl. The pictures turned out cute and candid.  We announced to Ben's family that we are pregnant at our Thanksgiving reunion in Utah. We brought out a candy jar of all pink candy and told everyone we have a treat to share.  All the kids surrounded the jar and began gobbling it up.  Ben asked, "do you know why all the candy is pink?" Our niece, Annie, responded, "because you, love us!" Ben's sister Abby guessed it, but it took longer than we thought it would for everyone to catch on.  Once our families knew, we posted pictures on Facebook and Instagram so that all our friends would know.



 

On our way to Utah, we stopped at Cadillac Ranch and enjoyed being graffiti artists for a little while, as we spray painted some Caddy's.  Even Finn had his turn with the can, maybe not the best idea since hot pink ended up on his hat and face. We brought home a piece of layered spray paint, shaped like a Cadillac, that was chipped off one of the cars. It is amazing how many layers of spray paint is collected over the years. It was a fun and much needed stop along our 22 hour drive.


  



No comments:

);